Interesting question I got yesterday.
“Eric,you share a lot about yourself in your emails which I find is much different than other emails I read. Can you tell me a little more about yourself? Thanks!”
Never got that question before but in my never ending quest to make my readers happy, here are 22 things you probably don’t know about me:
1. I’ve had a sheltie, pit bull, Great Dane, German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, and a maltese/poodle mix.
2. I started working with dogs in 1988.
3. I have a daughter that is 24 years old and another daughter that is 4 months old.
4. I’ve only been married once.
5. I’ve been involved in two riots.
6. I once tackled a guy on the roof of a hospital as he was trying to commit suicide.
7. I spent the last two years of high school in one room with ten other students, one step away from being throw out.
8. I love reading, gardening, do it yourself projects and recently started another blog with my wife: The Homemade Family
9. I’ve run two half marathons.
10. My favorite book is “Lonesome Dove,” by Larry McMurty.
11. My favorite movie is “Star Wars.”
12. I was tested and told that I had a “learning disability” in the fourth grade.
13. I have an older sister and younger brother – and severely suffer from middle child syndrome, kidding.
14. Most people don’t believe this but I am kind of a shy, introverted person and get nervous walking into a room full of people.
15. The first movie I saw with my father was “Jaws,” the second was “Scarface,” with Al Pacino.
16. Growing up, my family had a beagle mix that my mother named “Union Park.”
17. I was a vegetarian for about six years.
18. I can’t walk into a bathroom without looking behind the shower curtain.
19. I wrote my first book in under two weeks.
20. I hate raw tomatoes but love ketchup, salsa and tomato sauce.
21. Both of my daughters were born in The Year Of The Dragon.
22. I got the idea to start The Dog Training Inner Circle when I started getting questions from dog owners in Hong Kong, Australia, England and other parts of the world.
Before taking off, one more thing.
If you like to train your dog with us check out the link below: